RSPCA POLICY NOT TO ACCEPT ABANDONED PETS

HOW THE RSPCA DEAL WITH LOST PETS

WHAT THE RSPCA DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW

Tuesday 15 February 2011

PENSIONER ON BENEFITS REFUSED RESCUE CAT BY RSPCA

DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BY RSPCA

John White, 62, has previously given a home to two RSPCA cats, but said when he visited the charity’s Paws Centre in Barrack Street, Norwich, intending to find another cat, he was told he would not be able to take one.
Mr White, who lives in Old Catton, said: “A woman there asked if I was on benefits, and I said I’m a pensioner and on housing benefit and council tax benefit, and she said ‘No, you can’t have a cat’.
“I think it’s disgusting: just because you’re on benefits it doesn’t mean you can’t look after a cat. I live alone so having a pet is good company for me.”

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich_man_on_benefits_refused_rspca_rescue_cat_1_796354

READERS COMMENTS

EVERYCAT
I hope that Mr White contacts the animal rescue groups in his area who are absolutely full of lovely cats needing good homes. These smaller rescues are being landed with all the animals that the RSPCA refuse to take in now. I wonder what the RSPCA actually do these days? They won't take in stray animals, they won't adopt out animals. They have an anti-pet agenda and now it looks like they have a discrimination agenda too. Mr White - please visit your local, independent animal shelters. They are crying out for good cat owners!
WENDY RICE
You can't have a cat because you live on benefits. Yet you can go out to work from 7am till 7pm 7 days a week, leaving your dog barking, howling and throwing itself at the wall. I cannot abide the RSPCA. talk about double standards.
JAY
well your damned if you work & damned if you don't! how many people have been refused because they work & they are out most of the day yet you can be a pensioner or on benefits at home & they still refuse you i think the rspca need to make their mind up on their rehoming policies
ANIMAL NUT
Well, the RSPCA are always bleating that they're overflowing with pets, and now I see why. Effectively they will ban any pensioner or anyone on benefits from adopting. I'm glad the Blue Cross didn't take that attitude when I, (a pensioner) adopted my two dogs!
JOHN NORTON
If this is true it amounts to discrimination against an elderly man because he lives on benefits. Just what has that got to do with it? Presumably he would have more time to care for the cat We are talking about a bloomin old cat here not some exotic wild animal. I think this needs some clarification from the RSPCA as to exactly why John was turned down?

No comments: