RSPCA POLICY NOT TO ACCEPT ABANDONED PETS

HOW THE RSPCA DEAL WITH LOST PETS

WHAT THE RSPCA DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW

Tuesday 11 November 2008

RSPCA HAVE ASSETS WORTH OVER £110 MILLION WHILST BENEFACTORS FAMILY LIVE IN POVERTY

RSPCA PROSPER WHILST FAMILY LIVE IN CARAVAN

Legal Services UK (LSUK) ran a news item a few weeks back which covered how a family expected to gain a father’s inheritance, except, he left his estate to a charity, the RSPCA.

Here’s another person who has clashed with that same charity.

LSUK received a comment directly from Victoria Devlin, one of the grandchildren involved.

My grandfather died and left all his estate to the RSPCA leaving my parents living in a caravan. He was coerced into leaving his estate to the RSPCA as his first love was for his grandchildren who are now living in virtual poverty. I hope you are happy with this!
LSUK asked her to give us further information and her viewpoint.

Here’s how she replied:
I made a comment regarding the blog about the RSPCA receiving inheritance money. My family has lost approximately £250,000 because my grandfather changed his will that he made with my grandmother where everything was to be left to my parents. My parents are now living in a caravan and caring for my Grandfather in his later years has contributed to this.
My grandparents were a loving couple and we (I and my brother and sister) spent a lot of time with them in our childhood, we were a totally devoted and very close family.
My Grandmother died of cancer and my Grandfather died later after spending a while living with my parents who looked after him. He had changed his will some time earlier leaving his whole estate to the RSPCA I must say that he was not lucid during the last 3/4 years of his lifetime.
I know my Grandparents and I know how much they loved their family, for this to happen is just inconceivable.
My original post was intended to re-iterate the fact that though animals cannot help themselves against the atrocities that humankind can sometimes inflict on them - how would these people (who are self opinionated and self confessed animal lovers) feel if they thought their actions and beliefs had left a couple of married pensioners living in a state of near poverty?
(Probably they would not care because my parents do not have fur coats and wet noses).
I am an animal lover, I do not wear fur and I have two very well cared for and pampered Border Collies!
LSUK asked what the family were hoping to do next, in their fight to gain some if not all of the assets they believe they should own:
Sorry to say the fight is over - neither I or my parents can afford to fight such a massive corporation as the RSPCA.
I just wanted to put my point across that even though we are all a massive animal loving family, and would never wish harm to any animal, I wish I could make my parents happy and comfortable in their retirement.
Legals UK are pleased to be able to show the granddaughter’s viewpoint on this subject. Readers will see two distinct points of view. You almost certainly had to be there to know the full truth which this family and the RSPCA will probably never agree upon.
Being sufficiently mentally capable to make a will is a vital legal requirement, as is the need for a charity to chase money it believes is rightly left to it.
http://www.legalsuk.com/blog/rspca-prosper/

No comments: